RoundCube is an open source webmail software that allows small organizations to offer web based email to its members.
The idea is that the server running a company's website can also offer webmail access. All emails sent to recipients at the company's domain are stored on that server, and accessed via the Roundcube webmail interface.
The RoundCube plugin gives you an opportunity to take an advantage of all features offered by Roundcube right on your SE-based site. Now you can not only create effective emails with the help of psd to email newsletter coding, but also check your email without leaving the site!
Roundcube has all the basic email functionality, such as send, receive, reply, forward, reply all and delete. You can flag messages, mark as read or unread, attach files. It also supports folders and sub-folders.
The "Compose" window allows you to write emails in plain text or in HTML.
You can also select which of your identities will be used to send an email. This is very useful if you want an email to come from your personal email address or if you want to use a generic company mailbox like "support" or "sales". When defining identities, you can also set a custom signature.
Roundcube offers an address book where you can store phone numbers, addresses, URLs and a photo for each contact. These contacts can be added to one or more groups and all the people in that group can be emailed together by just addressing a message to the group name. The RoundCube Plugin provides vCards or CSV files improt and an advanced search function.
Please note: Special Folders are not displayed by default. In order to activate Special Folders (Trash, Archive etc) go to Settings >> Preferences >> Special Folders. Select the necessary folders and click Save.
Requirements: SocialEngine 4.0.0+
Roundcube Install Requirements
- Apache-based VPS or dedicated web server.
Tested with: latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
- available in over 70 languages;
- drag-&-drop message management;
- support for MIME and HTML messages;
- privacy protection;
- compose messages with attachments;
- multiple sender identities;
- find-as-you-type address book integration;
- forwarding messages with attachments;
- searching messages and contacts;
- spell checking;
- canned response templates;
- unlimited users and messages;
- import/export functions;
- template system for custom skins.
Please note: plugin is fully capable with all default SE themes and all our themes.
We do our best to make plugin capable with default SE plugin guidelines, but if you use 3rd party or custom theme you may have some minor layout issues due to custom theme css code.
Easy way to integrate Emails by a Great Dev!
Another very useful, easy to configure Plugin from SEM. If you're looking for a quick/eazy way to integrate email into your site, then look no further. Although people may argue over which email/Frontend is 'the best', most will agree that RoundCube is one of the top choices. The ability to integrate email into your site is another one of those great User-focused benefits - and it's just a few clicks away. Plus, since it's RoundCube, your Users can do lots with it - including multiple accounts, calendar, tasks and more.
This is one of those great Plugins that:
- keeps Users on your site (why leave to check email when they can simply click inside your site)
- makes the User experience more enjoyable by providing something useful 'right there'
- creates a thoughtful, 'User-centric' experience
- shows that Site-ADMIN appreciates his/her Users and wants to provide a complete experience for them
- offers a lot to your Users with very little work on your part; plug-n-play
Great support too from SEM. I can't say enough good about SEM - they've worked on my dream project for almost a year and I have been extremely impressed with everything they do. I'm so grateful for SEM. I simply couldn't have done what I needed to without them.